Thursday, December 27, 2007

Fun day in the village

One of our favorite things that we have done is to bring a poleroid camera with us and take pictures of the kids and families to give them. Lots of people living in situations such as this have never had a picture of themselves that they can keep. It is a huge relationship builder. Everyone loves to see pictures of themselves. For them to be able to keep the picture instead of just to look at the picture on some ones camera is huge. The next day after taking the pictures they ran up to me saying "senora photo" they new me and wanted to hug me and walk with me and hold me hand.It is the most fun thing for me to be able to do. (Thanks Con and Lorraine!).




We spent another day in the village teaching the kids and having fun. It was neat to go the second day because the kids came running, knowing our names and wanting hugs. We took the kids to the beach for a couple of hours in the afternoon and played in the water and in the sand and fed them treats. We will miss them.

No comments: