Thursday, March 27, 2014

SOAR 2014

I had my last shower in our house today for a while.
Last night was our last night sleeping in our comfy new bed for 10 days.
It was our last day drinking coffee and eating in our kitchen for all of spring break.
Are we going on a trip? Yes!

Today we leave for a 10 day missional experience in the North End core area of Winnipeg.
Today is the first day of 10 that we get to sleep on a church floor.
Today is the first day of 10 that we get to stand in line with 300 other hungry people waiting to get fed by volunteers who have decided what we will be eating for the day.
Today is the fist day of 10 that I will stand in line with 250 teenagers to use the shower trailer.
Sound like fun?

It IS!! REALLY it IS!

Today is the first day of 10 that I get to spend watching Miranda learn about the homeless and people who feel hopeless.
Today is the first day of 10 that I get to watch Miranda learn who she is.
Today is the first time in the next 10 days that I get to be immersed in learning more about who God is in all of this mess....

Yup, its going to be awesome!


Miranda Soar 2012







No comments: