Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

We finally left the rain and are in hot hot hot!!! We love it. We flew from Panama to Costa Rica and ended up in Quepos, Costa Rica 1 1/2 hrs. later. We found a condo to stay in and today we went fishing. Colton caught a 20 lb. rooster fish and a Jack fish. The Rooster fish is a fish that everyone is trying to catch out here. So Colton is really pumped and Dean is a little jealous. Miranda caught a Gar and Dean also caught a nice Jack fish. The Jack fish have dark red meat and when you fry it, which we did for supper it almost looks like your eating beef. While we were fishing we saw a 12 foot croc. swimming in the ocean. That was realy cool to see. We also went snorkling for a while at the end of fishing. Dean pulled out 8-10 oysters and him and Colton ate them raw. We spent the rest of the afternoon swimming and playing on the beach. I'm trying to get over all my ailments. The other day I was cutting open a coconut and Cut my finger, than the same day I ripped half my fingernail off. If that isn't enough the mosquitos in Panama bit me up to pieces and I have at least 100 bites and I am soooo itchy, mostly at night. So I'm hoping that they will leave me alone in C.R.
We are planning on spending the day in Manuel Antonio park tomorow. It is a haven for monkeys and tonnes of birds and a few crocs. so that should be fun.

No comments: