Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Portugal

We are in Portugal for our last few weeks of laying on the beach, touring vineyards and just having a vacation. We have spent the last 6 weeks being travelers and now I think it's time to have a vacation before we head back to the real world of school, work and whatever else awaits us back home. We are experiencing a weariness. It is common I'm sure, but still at times troublesome. I feel like we should be more rested, but we are not. We have spent 24/7 together. Sleeping, eating, planning and just being together. I think I have spent maybe 1 hour in the last 45 days alone. I am a people person, I have always felt I could live in community full time. I love being with people, so I have been mostly fine, but at this point it would be cool to spend a day in an empty house all alone for an entire day....Hmmm. I miss my friends, my family,Kalli sleeping in my arms(don't get me started about what I am missing with her), Sunday morning coffee and Sunday night hot tubing, my dogs, MMO, Seeds, camping, being able to pick up the phone and call my friends anytime, being able to call up my sisters and say, hey I'm stopping by for coffee. I miss you all. Yup, it's time to come home. But first we will enjoy our last 2 weeks here. Even though we dream and talk about all the things we will do as soon as we get back.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What's MMO? We miss you too. Staying put for awhile sounds wise. Being on the move is exciting but exhausting. Sounds like laying low is what Erin needs about now too, so here's to rest and relaxation!
Connie

Andrea said...

sounds like its time to go on a date w/ yourself. do it!

Lori said...

Don't worry, we'll be here when you get back and I'm looking forward to the photo tour of your trip! Hope you are able to Relax and rejuvenate a bit before your trip home.

Anonymous said...

Hey, there I think it's time for you to come home too. We all miss all of you too. You could come for coffee tomorrow...LOL. Well maybe when you get back. Anyway, take it very easy, because it's not going to be a walk in the park when you get back either. Deciding what kind of house to build and the kids being in school.
Well, see you luv you all.