Monday, February 15, 2016

Who we are



I am lying across 3 seats on an empty plane. I'm traveling from Ireland to Tanzania via Ethiopia. Yes, Tanzania! It feels surreal. I can't believe we are doing this yet again. But it feels normal too. I feel like we are in our family zone. We are best when we are in this place. We take care of each other. We all have our jobs.

When we are in this travel mode, we all know our place, we can see what the other needs and skillfully try to help. 
It's not something that is planned. But in order to be happy together, it is what naturally happens. If someone is having a hard time, someone else in our group steps up to help the other out. Whether it's emotional or physical, one of us is there to pull the other up by the boot straps. It needs to happen to stay healthy while on long term travel. I see it happen, but I don't say a thing, it might wreck it. 

As I am lying here trying to rest on this overnight flight. I was finding myself breathing in and saying "thank you God! " over and over again. I have so much to be thankful for. My cup is overflowing. Tears come. How can I, a small town girl from Altona, be on a trip around the world with my husband and teenage kids.  I have an awesome, amazing, terrific husband and equally unbelievably awesome kids. All I can say is thank you God.
This is truly a gift and I do not for one minute not appreciate one minute of it. 

This is what living a dream feels like to me. The type of dream that as you live it, tears flow and the only words that come to mind is Thank you God! 

1 comment: