Friday, October 8, 2010

One month

It has officially been one month that we have been living in our 1 bedroom apartment. It has gone better than what I thought it would. We really haven't felt squished here. The biggest issues that I have are the shared laundry facilities and only because I have to make sure that our clothes are finished in the washer/dryer before I leave anywhere so that if someone else needs to do laundry our stuff isn't in their way. The other thing that is hard is trying to be so very quiet. We are above someone and so we are always aware of our noise level. As this apartment is really only made for 1 person we have to be extra diligent in being quiet so we don't wreck it for the great tenant below us.
Other than that and the regular "town" noises that annoy us, things have been great is our cozy home.
We are starting to get really excited about moving into our house. Now that the walls are up and we can see rooms, we are starting to imagine the things we will put into them. We have also started to imagine unpacking all of the things that have been in storage for the last 1 1/2 years. It will be like Christmas when we get to see  and touch everything again.

I am mostly excited to be able to bake and cook again. Right now I have 1 pot, 1 frying pan, a roaster,a small pan and I borrowed a muffin pan the other day from  Cindy so I could at least make some banana muffins. That makes it a bit difficult to do any real baking. We have already had 2 fish meals at the new house and I like it. Even on the coleman stove and with paper plates. It kinda feels like camping, but better.

One more month and we will be so close to being able to move. Can't wait.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Okay, so I think I can smile bigger than anyone else reading this. I SOOOOO get this post! And I know how wonderful it will be to enjoy your new home. Can hardly wait for you.

Hugs,
Sara